Video tip - go to the 5:10 mark to view tips on building & managing recipes
Once you've created your Food & Beverage items, you have the ability to build out recipes and prep instructions for each of them in the Settings area of your account. In this step, you can:
- Add/edit prep time and cook time
- Add/edit servings yielded
- Add/edit ingredients by measurement
- Indicate prep areas involved with preparing the item
- Add prep instructions to the item
NOTE: For more information on adding/editing Food & Beverage items, see Adding/Managing Food & Beverage Items.
To Build & Manage Recipes (in Settings):
- Click on your name in the top left corner and select the "Settings" option.
- Under the "Application Setup" heading, click on the "Food & Beverage Categories & Items" link.
- Click "View Recipe/Prep Instructions" to the right of any item for which you would like to build out a recipe.
- Use the pencil icon underneath the name of the item to edit prep time, cook time, and servings yielded.
- Use the plus sign next to the "Ingredients" heading to add a new ingredient by measurement. Here, you can also add a descriptor to the ingredient (for example, if your recipe calls for an ingredient to be minced, you would add the word "minced" to the descriptor field).
- Click the drop down arrow to the right of any individual ingredient to edit.
- To indicate prep areas involved with preparing the item, click the pencil icon to the right of the "Prep Areas" heading. You can select multiple prep areas for one item.
- Select the plus sign to the right of the "Prep Instructions" heading to add any details of the item's preparation.
Any ingredients, units of measure, and prep areas you added in your Food & Beverage Setup settings will populate as choices for ingredients and prep areas within a recipe.
If you are building a recipe and need to add an ingredient that doesn't already exist in your settings, simply click on the plus sign next to the "Ingredients" heading and select "Create New Ingredient".