In your Venue management account, you have the option to create multiple BEO content panels that in turn can be assembled into BEO layouts. You can also have multiple BEO layouts in your account to accommodate different situations (i.e. front of house BEO, kitchen BEO, etc). NOTE: For more about creating custom BEO layouts, see Creating/Customizing BEO Layouts.
We have already created a number of BEO panels based on information that populates from tools within specific events. In addition to this, you can create custom panels from scratch and/or further customize the existing panels. NOTE: for more about creating custom BEO panels, see Adding Custom Panels/Fields to BEOs.
To Create/Edit BEO Content Panels (in Settings):
- Click on your name in the top left corner and select the "Settings" option.
- Under the "Application Setup" heading, click on the "Banquet Event Order (BEO) Content Panels" link.
- Click on "Create Panel" in the upper left part of your screen. Here, you can see a variety of panels that have been pre-created based on information that populates from tools within individual events. Select any of these panels to add, or select "Custom" to create a custom panel. NOTE: for more about creating custom BEO panels, see Adding Custom Panels/Fields to BEOs.
- Enter the panel title and a panel description and "Save". NOTE: the panel description is for internal use only - you can use it to identify the panel when building BEO layouts. For example, you might type "Front-of-House BEO" to indicate the panel should be used for that particular BEO layout.
Once you have created your content panels, you have the ability to edit, show, or hide fields and individual details within those panels for display on your BEOs. For example, if you created a panel with the description "Client Facing BEO", you may not want your client to see the BEO number or the vendor contact information in that panel.
To Edit and Show/Hide Fields in BEO Content Panels (in Settings):
- Scroll down on the page to locate the panel for which you want to edit fields and details. NOTE: the panels are listed in alphabetical order by title.
- To hide entire fields in the panel on your BEO, select the drop down arrow to the right of any field and click "Hide Field".
- To edit a field, click the drop down arrow to the right and select "Edit Field".
- To hide individual details within each field, click the circle with a line through it to the right of that item. A window will pop up where you can select "Hide Now" to hide that item. NOTE: hiding an item will remove it from ALL BEOs containing that panel, but will not delete any existing data. You can show it anytime you wish.
- As you hide fields, a "Hidden Fields" button will appear at the bottom of the panel. Click on it at any time to view your hidden fields and show them if you wish.
- As you hide items within fields, a "Hidden Data Points" button will appear at the bottom of the corresponding field. Click on it at any time to view your hidden items and show them if you wish.