Within our Reporting Engine, we have included a few default reports for you to use. But sometimes, you need to run a more customized report with specific data points. Now you can run a report for pretty much anything within your Planning Pod account.
As you build out your report, you can decide what information you'd like to include and the timeline you want to pull from. Add in extra filters to narrow your searches and add in extra data points you want to include in the report.
Once you are finished building your report, you can view the results easily! You can also send your reports to your teams or allow certain User groups to see them. You can share the report with anyone outside of your Planning Pod account with a URL. You can also set email reminders or download the report as a screen-ready or print-ready PDF.
How to build out your Customized Report:
1. Once you are logged in, go to the Report tab on the left side of your screen.
2. On the top left, click on "Create Report".
3. Click on the drop-down menu to pick your first starting point for your report and then add your first data point to include in the report.
4. Don't forget to name your report!
5. After you add in the beginning data points, the rest of the screen will populate with panels to help you customize your report further. We recommend working left to right as you add in more data points.
6. Next you'll fill out the "Reporting Period (Date Range)" Panel. Here, you can decide how far back you want to pull data and where to pull this information. Use one of our selections or add in your custom date.
7. Optional: You can add in data for the Comparison Period (Like if you wanted to compare your data with last year's numbers or Year over Year).
8. Optional: If you would like to further refine your results, you can also add filters to help do so.
9. Now looking at the "Additional Data" Panel, you can drag and drop and sort more data into the Selected Data (report Columns) to add to your report. Any data points you drop in here will show up on your report.
10. Once you are ready to pull your reports, go back to the top left and Click "Save & Generate Report".
Your Report is now ready to view! You can easily scroll up or down, left or right, to view everything.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- Reports will not pull if you have narrowed your search too much or you are trying to pull too much data at once. If you try to pull a report and nothing shows in the results, go back and look at your data points. You might need to add or subtract data points based on what you see.
- Once you created your report, you can go back and edit everything except the very first data point you added. If need to change that data point, you'll have to create a new report.
- Our customized reporting system pulls from data points based on the tools, meaning reports might look a little different depending on how information has been entered. We understand that every account is unique and how someone collects their information within their account can be different than the original intended use. (Like if you use the BEO tools to build out packages that aren't related to food and beverage). This might not pull all your information in the way you want to see it and you might have to make some adjustments to the report.
- If a user has access to pull reports, they will be able to see all information, even if they aren't given access for certain tools. Like, if a user can't see invoices and budget tools, they could still pull a report for invoicing/budgets and see all information. Please keep this in mind as this does affect any privacy settings you have set within your account.
- You can only pull reports on the tools available within your account. If you don't have access to BEO tools, you won't be able to pull reporting on food and beverage.
Downloading and Sharing your Customized Reports:
Once you have your reports ready, you have a few options on how to share them:
- User Access: Providing users access to this report will make it available as READ-ONLY in the
"Reports" dashboard of all the users/groups selected.
- URL: To provide access to anyone outside of Planning Pod, you can share the report with the URL link provided. Anyone who has access to this link can see the report.
- Set Reminders: You can send an email reminder at regular intervals to view this report via login (users provided access to this report) or the report share URL. Both Planning Pod users and contacts with no access can receive the reminders.
- PDF: Download your report as a PDF. You will have two options on how to download it: Screen-Ready or Print-Ready. Screen-Ready PDF is ideal for on-screen viewing and emailing. Print-ready is ideal for printing.
Step-by-Step Walkthrough with Scribe
Check out our Step-by-Step walkthrough of this tool by clicking on the link below.
Be sure to click on the "guide me" button to view the steps and your screen at the same time, making it easier to follow along.
Click Here for More Information: Overview - Planning Pod Reporting Engine