By creating To-Do List Templates, you can import one or more lists of To-Do's over and over again into new Events and Leads.
A big feature of our To-Do List Template builder is the ability to designate how many days before, after or on the event date that the To-Do should be placed into the Event or Lead. This lets you automatically back out the due dates for all To-Do's in the Template based on the date of the Event that you are importing the list into.
To Create a New To-Do List Template from Scratch:
- Click on "Templates" in the top navigation bar.
- Find the "To-Do Lists" box and click "Manage Templates".
- Click on the "Add New Template" button.
- Enter the To-Do List name and click "Save".
This brings you to the To-Do List builder page, where you can add unlimited To-Do's by following these steps:
- Click on the "Add Item" button.
- Enter the To-Do item name.
- Use the dropdown menu to select whether you want to insert the To-Do, upon import, before the Event date; on the Event date; after the Event date; or with no date.
- If you selected "Before Event Date" or "After Event Date", enter the number of days you want to insert the To-Do before or after the Event Date.
To Create a To-Do Template from an Existing To-Do List:
- Click on the "To-Do's" tool button in the Event/Lead Dashboard.
- Click on the checkbox next to all the To-Do's that you want to add to the new To-Do List Template or click on the "Select All Items" button if you want to include all the items on the screen in the new Template.
- In the top area labeled "Available Actions for Selected To-Do's", click on the "Save as Template" link.
- Enter a Template name and click "Save".
- After clicking "Save", the selected To-Do's will be saved as a new To-Do List Template in the Templates area, which you can now edit and modify.
To Import a To-Do List Template into the To-Do's Tool Inside an Event/Lead:
- Click on the "To-Do's" tool button inside the Event/Lead Dashboard.
- Click on the "Import Template" button.
- From the dropdown menu, select one or more To-Do List Templates that you wish to import into the Event or Lead.
- After clicking "Save", the To-Do's from the selected Templates will be added to the Event or Lead and due dates will be calculated based on the settings in the Template.