You can add a new contact manually from inside the Contacts area or on-the-fly when you are in an Event, Lead, Proposal, Invoice, Contract or one of several other tools that involve contact assignments.
To Add a New Contact from the Contacts Area:
- Click on "Contacts" in the main navigation bar.
- Click on the "Add Contact" button.
- Enter the person's name, company, title and email information and select any Tags you want to apply to the Contact.
- Click "Save".
This brings you to the Contact profile page, where you can add/manage additional information for this Contact, including:
- Email addresses
- Phone numbers
- Physical addresses
- Account access/permissions
To Add a New Contact On-The-Fly From Inside Another Tool:
Where you can add these on-the-fly depends on the tool and the process for that tool in assigning a Contact. For example, in the Events and Leads area, you add Contacts in the "Assigned Contacts / Manage" area. For Proposals or Invoices, it is when you add the Client/Lead. For To-Do's or Itinerary items, it is when you are assigning Contacts to the item.
- In the add/assign Contact form, look for the "Create New Contact" button and click on it.
- Add the Contact's name, email address and company and click "Save".
- The Contact has been added to the Contacts area and assigned to the item. To add additional information to the newly added Contact, go to the main Contacts area, find them and add the information there.