The Calendars tool lets you track a variety of date-related items all in one convenient place. There are four types of sub-calendars in the Calendars tool:
- Personal sub-calendars - These are ad-hoc sub-calendars that you can create on the fly for various purposes. They are not related or attached to Events or Leads, and many people use them to track internal or administrative appointments and details.
- Venue sub-calendars - When you create a venue/space/room in your account settings, the system automatically creates a sub-calendar for that venue/space/room to display venue bookings and blackout dates.
- Event sub-calendars - When you create an Event, the system automatically creates a sub-calendar for this Event.
- Lead sub-calendars - When you create a Lead, the system automatically creates a sub-calendar for this Lead.
All sub-calendars are color-coded for your convenience; you can select the color for an Event sub-calendar when you create or edit an Event (or Lead), and you can select the color for a Personal or Venue sub-calendar in the Calendars tool. You can view/hide a sub-calendar by simply clicking on the checkbox to the left of the sub-calendar's description.
In the Calendars area, you can add the following items:
- Appointments to Personal sub-calendars
- Appointments to Event sub-calendars
- Appointments to Lead sub-calendars
- Tours to Lead or Personal sub-calendars
- To-Do's to Event or Lead sub-calendars (these will also sync with the To-Do's in each Event or Lead To-Do's tool)
- New Lead (any new lead added directly from the calendar will populate in the Leads tab as well)
- New Event (any new event added directly from the calendar will populate in the Events tab as well)
- Venue Blackout (any venue blackout date added will populate in the related venue sub-calendar as well as lead form and embedded calendars set to display items by venue/location) For more about displaying Venue Blackout Dates on lead form calendars and embedded calendars, see Displaying Venue Blackout Dates on Lead Form & Embedded Calendars.
You have the ability to filter the Calendar by:
- Lead/Event Status
- Open Leads
- Booked Events
- Archived Events/Closed Leads
- Calendar Event Types
- Event Dates
- Venue Bookings
- Venue Blackouts
- Scheduled Tours
- Appointments (Personal and Event)
- Serving Dates (Food & Beverage; Venue management accounts only)
- Delivery Dates (Food & Beverage; Venue management accounts only)
- Pickup Dates (Food & Beverage; Venue management accounts only)
- Due Dates
- Budget payments
- Invoices due
- Invoice payments due
You can sync your Planning Pod Calendar one-way to another electronic calendar (like Google, Yahoo or Apple calendars). You can do this by clicking on the "Import/Export" button and selecting the "Sync to Other E-Calendars" option. Note that this will only let you view your Planning Pod calendar items in your other electronic calendar and not vice versa.
You can also embed your Planning Pod Calendar on your website to display availability or dates for booked events. You can do this by clicking on the "Import/Export" button and selecting the "Embed Planning Pod Calendars" option. Select "Get Embed Code" and provide it to your web professional to add to the appropriate page on your website.
For more about embeddable calendar display settings, see Displaying Planning Pod Calendars on your Website.