Each Event has its own Files tool, and this tool lets you:
- Upload and store files associated with the Event, centralizing all your Event files in one place and letting you share these files with other users.
- Create links to files you have stored in Google Docs/Drive or Dropbox so that you and other users can access them quickly.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This tool DOES NOT offer file editing, meaning that you WILL NOT be able to open files inside of Planning Pod or inside of a Web browser and make changes to them (with the exception of files linked to Google Docs/Drive). In order to make edits to an uploaded file, you need to download it to your computer; make the edits locally on your machine; and then reupload the file to store the new version.
You can upload practically any kind of file here, including:
- Document files like .doc, .pdf, .txt, .rtf,. .ppt, .pps
- Image files like .png, .jpg, .gif, .tif
- Spreadsheet/data files like .xls, .xlsx, .csv, .dat
- Audio files like .mp3, .mp4, .wav, .flac
- Video files like .mov, .mp4, .avi
- Design files like .ai, .indd, .eps
- Web files like .htm, .html, .css
- And many more
You can create folders for your files so that you can organize your files for easy reference.
This tool also automatically timestamps every file that is uploaded so that if you upload a more recent version of the same file, it will store both versions with different time stamps so you know which is the most recent version. It WILL NOT overwrite the same file that is already stored.