This feature lets you add payment due dates and reminders for those payments so that the responsible parties can make payments in a timely fashion. You can also mark a payment due date/reminder as paid, which will add it as a payment to the line item.
To Add a Payment Due Date/Reminder to a Line Item:
- Click on the "Budget" tool button on the Event Dashboard - OR - use the Quick Launch tool to select the appropriate Event and the "Budget" tool.
- Find the appropriate line item and click on the "Open" link for that item.
- Find the "Payment Due Dates and Reminders" box and click on the "+" symbol in the top right corner.
- Add the title of the item; amount due; and due date.
- Add the Contact(s) responsible for payment and the Vendor to be paid.
- NOTE: In order to add a Contact responsible for payment, they first must be assigned to the Event (which you can do on the Event Dashboard).
- NOTE: You have the option to set a reminder prior to the Due Date that will be sent via email and/or text message to the Responsible Parties. This reminder is in addition to the automated email notification sent at 8 a.m. on the Due Date
To Mark a Payment Due Date/Reminder as "Paid":
- On the Budget Dashboard, find the appropriate line item and click on the "Open" link for that item.
- Find the "Payment Due Dates and Reminders"; find the appropriate reminder; and click on the "Mark as Paid" button.
- Make any necessary edits and click "Save".
- The item is now marked as "Paid" and the payment has been added to the line item.