Inside the Events tab in the main navigation bar, you can create and track all the Events in your account.
When you create a new Event, it is considered an Active Event (and it counts against the package that you chose when you created your account). Also, when you create a new Event, the system automatically adds a sub-calendar for that Event to the Calendars tool (so you can easily view/manage event dates, appointments, to-do's, due dates, etc., that are related to the Event).
When creating an Event, you have the ability to choose one of two ways to manage attendees:
- Sell Tickets/Registration - Set up tickets to collect registrations/signups for paid or free events via the Event Webpage or an embeddable registration checkout form. This is typically used for paid or free events where you are collecting registrations and/or selling tickets like meetings, conventions, fundraisers, classes, seminars, festivals/fairs, etc.
- Collect RSVPs - Upload your guest list and collect RSVPs via the Event Webpage. This is typically used for invitation/RSVP style events like weddings, parties and social events.
When an Event is over, you can archive the Event to remove it from your count against your package; archiving an Event will save all the information inside the Event in case you need to refer to it later on. You an also set up your account to auto-archive events a certain number of days after they have ended.
NOTE: If you archive an Event, if you run a report in the Reports area that covers the date range of that Event, its data will be included in the report even though it has been archived.
If you manage the same or similar Events over and over again, you can also duplicate an Event, which copies over all the information from an existing Event into a new Event.
The Events Main Section Overview page provides a list of Active Events that is searchable/sortable. From the Events Main Section Overview page you can access each Event's Dashboard, where you have access to many tools for managing details for the Event, including:
- Attendee Management Tools - Event Registration (registration events only), Attendees & Orders (registration events only), Guest List (RSVP events only), Event Website, Floorplans and Check-In
- Productivity Tools - To-Do's, Itinerary, Files, Worksheets, Checklists and Appointments
- Financial Tools - Budget, Proposals and Invoices
- Collaboration Tools - Forms Builder, Vision Board and Message Board
- Additional Tools - Contracts, Notes and Time Tracking
From the Event Dashboard, you can also do the following:
- View Upcoming Items like To-Do's, Appointments, Budget due dates, Invoice due dates
- View the Activity Log to see what actions users have taken inside the Event
- Assign Contacts to the Event (once you do this, you can assign Contacts to items inside the Event like To-Do's, Itinerary items, etc.)
- Add Vendors to the Vendor List
- Assign Venue Spaces/Rooms to the Event
- Print out PDF reports