Inside the Events tab in the main navigation menu, you can create and track all the Events in your account.
When you create a new Event, it is considered active (and counts against the maximum event count that you chose when you signed up). Also, when you create a new Event, the system automatically adds a sub-calendar for that Event to the Calendars tool (so you can easily view/manage event dates, appointments, to-do's, due dates, etc., that are related to that Event).
When creating an Event, you have the ability to choose one of two ways to manage attendees:
- Sell Tickets/Registration - Set up tickets to collect registrations/signups for paid or free events via the Event Webpage or an embeddable registration checkout form. This is typically used for paid or free events where you are collecting registrations and/or selling tickets like meetings, conventions, fundraisers, classes, seminars, festivals/fairs, etc.
- Collect RSVPs - Upload your guest list and collect RSVPs via the Event Webpage. This is typically used for invitation/RSVP style events like weddings, parties and social events.
When an Event is over, you can archive the Event to remove it from your active event count; archiving an Event will save all the information inside the Event in case you need to refer to it later on. You an also set up your account to auto-archive events a certain number of days after they have ended.
NOTE: If you archive an Event and run a report in the Reports area that covers the date range of that Event, its data will be included in the report even though it has been archived.
If you manage the same or similar Events over and over again, you can also duplicate an Event, which copies over all the information from an existing Event into a new Event.
The Events tab provides a list of Active Events that is searchable/sortable. From the Events tab you can access each Event's Dashboard, where you have access to many tools for managing details for the Event, including:
- Attendee Management Tools - Event Registration (registration events only), Attendees & Orders (registration events only), Guest List (RSVP events only), Event Website, Floorplans and Check-In
- Productivity Tools - To-Do's, Itinerary, Files, Worksheets, Checklists and Appointments
- Financial Tools - Budget, Proposals and Invoices
- Collaboration Tools - Forms Builder, Vision Board and Message Board
- Additional Tools - Contracts, Notes and Time Tracking
From the Event Dashboard, you can also do the following:
- Set a repeat schedule, if the same event occurs multiple times.
- View recent key activities, overdue items, waiting items and upcoming items for each tool.
- View the Activity Log to see what actions users have taken inside the Event.
- View date/time conflicts for the event.
- Assign Contacts to the Event (once you do this, you can assign Contacts to items inside the Event like To-Do's, Itinerary items, etc.).
- Add Vendors to the Vendor List.
- Assign Venue Spaces/Rooms to the Event.
- Edit topline Event details (event name, start/end dates and times, event color and thumbnail image)
- Archive or duplicate the Event.
- Print out PDF reports.
- View a calendar of all date-based items related to the event.