Video Tip - Go to the 2:25 mark of the video to view information on how to add Invoice Line Items.
You can add an unlimited number of line items to an Invoice, and these line items will be automatically added up to provide the total at the bottom of the Invoice.
You can add the following details to an Invoice line item:
- Item name
- Item date
- Category assignment (if applicable)
- Quantity/hours - Must be at least "1" to calculate a subtotal for the item
- Unit cost
- Markup/discount (as a percentage) - For discount (negative amount), use a hyphen (e.g., -2.25).
- Sales tax rate (as a percentage) - You can either select one of the preset tax rates (that you can manage in the Settings area of your account) or set a custom rate for the item.
- Item description
NOTE FOR VENUE SOFTWARE CUSTOMERS: If you are using our Food-&-Beverage management tools and you wish to add a Food/Beverage package as a line item to an Invoice, you can either:
- Import a Food-&-Beverage package template into an invoice by clicking on the "Food/Beverage Packages" button in the line items area, selecting the "Import Food/Beverage Packages Templates" option and following the instructions, or;
- Go to the Food-&-Beverage tool inside your event; add a new Food-&-Beverage package or import a package template; and when you are in the Package details page, go to the "Link to Proposals & Invoices" area and link the package to the invoice in question.
To Add an Invoice Line Item:
- Use one of these three ways to access the Invoices tool:
- Click on the "Invoices" tool button on the Event Dashboard.
- Use the Switch Event tool to select the appropriate Event and the "Invoices" tool.
- Click on "Invoices" in the main navigation bar.
- Find the Invoice to which you want to add line items and click on it.
- Find the line items area and click on the "Add Line Item" button.
- Add the item name; item date; category assignment (if applicable); quantity/hours; unit cost; sales tax rate; and markup/discount rate. To add a description, click on the "Description" tab and type in your information.
- NOTE: In the quantity/hours field, this amount must be at least "1" in order to calculate a subtotal.
- To add another line item, click "Save & Add Another". Otherwise, click "Save & Close".
After you have added the line item, you can add an image to the line item by clicking on the "Actions" button and selecting the "Add Thumbnail Image" option.
You can also move the line item by clicking on and dragging the up/down arrow to the left of the line item.
To edit or delete a line item, click on the "Actions" button to the right of the line item and select the appropriate option.