Video Tip - Go to the 5:25 mark of the video to view information on how to add manual payments to an Invoice.
You can manually enter payments to Invoices (like when clients pay by cash or check, or when you run a credit card payment outside of your Planning Pod account) and track these payments against the Invoice total to show any remaining balances inside the Invoice.
In addition, if you have set up your account to collect online credit card payments via one of our approved merchant providers, you can also open up a manual transaction terminal to run card-in-hand or over-the-phone credit card transactions with your customers.
To Add an Invoice Payment:
- Use one of these three ways to access the Invoices tool:
- Click on the "Invoices" tool button on the Event Dashboard.
- Use the Quick Launch or Switch Event tool to select the appropriate Event and the "Invoices" tool.
- Click on "Invoices" in the main navigation bar.
- Manually Enter Payment - for entering cash, check or other payments taken in outside of Planning Pod
- Enter the payment date; payment amount; and reference number.
- Click "Save" when you are finished.
- Process Payment - for running online credit card and ACH transactions
- After a new browser window opens, enter the payment amount (the default amount will be the balance of the invoice) and click "Continue to Payment".
- In the next window, you will be presented with one of the following two options:
- If you do not have any credit card stored with the customer, you will be asked for the customer's credit card information, and you may also be asked if you wish to save the payment method for future use.
- If you do have a credit card stored for the customer, you will be given the option to use a stored credit card or enter an new one.
- Once you have entered or selected a credit card, click on the "Pay..." button.
- Once you submit the credit card payment, you will be informed when the transaction is processed and the payment will be added to the Invoice.
Payments that are entered will be added to the Invoice and subtracted from the Invoice total to show the remaining balance due at the top of the Invoice Dashboard and also in the Invoice total at the bottom of the Dashboard.
For more on the methods you can use to collect credit card payments for invoices, see Collecting Online Credit Card Payments for Invoices.