Planning Pod account owners have the ability to collect online credit card payments via the Invoices tool.
Your account has already been set up to accept online payments through our payment processing partner WePay. However, you can view all available payment processors in the Settings / Accept Credit Card Payments area of your account.
You can collect online credit card payments for your invoices in three ways:
- Use the "Email" option to place a "Pay Now" button in an Invoice email, which will take your client to an online payment page.
- Use the "Scheduled Payments" option to place a "Pay Now" button in a Scheduled Payment email, which will take your client to an online payment page.
- Use the "Run Manual Payment" option to manually process a credit card payment for an Invoice (if you are accepting payment in person or over the phone).
Once a payment is processed and approved, the credit card processor will provide the payment information to Planning Pod, and we will notify you via email and apply the payment against the Invoice.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The first time you collect a credit card payment using WePay as the payment processor, if you have not confirmed your WePay account or provided WePay with information on where to send funds, you will receive email and in-app notifications to provide WePay with this information. IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE THIS INFORMATION, ANY COLLECTED FUNDS CANNOT BE SENT TO YOU AND WILL BE REFUNDED TO THE PAYER AFTER 30 DAYS.
To Collect Credit Card Payments Via Emailed Invoices or Scheduled Payments:
- When you click on the "Email" button or when you add a new Scheduled Payment inside of the Invoice, there is an "Add 'Pay Now' Button to This Email?" field. Use the dropdown menu in that field to select the credit card processor you wish to use to collect payment for that Invoice.
- NOTE: Your account has been automatically set up to accept payments through our payment processing partner WePay.
- When the email message or scheduled payment email is sent, a "Pay Now" button will be included in the body of the email message that your client can click on and takes them to a payment page where they provide their credit card information and submit the payment.
To Collect Credit Card Payments Manually:
- From the Invoice Dashboard, click the "Run Manual Payment" link; select the credit card processor you wish to use; enter the credit card information; and submit payment.