When an Event is over, you can archive the Event to save all the Event information in case you need to refer to it later on. Archiving an Event also ensures all the information for past Events can be included in Reports (such as Reports involving invoicing, payments, lead tracking, etc.).
NOTE: We do not allow Events to be deleted, so in order to remove them from Open/Active status, you will need to archive them.
Also, when you archive an Event, it is removed from your Open/Active Events and will no longer count against the maximum number of Events you are permitted to have in your account with regard to your subscription package.
To view archived Events in your account:
- Go to the Events main page, find the "Filter/Search" box and go to the "Advanced Search" area.
- In the "With Status" field, select the "Archived" option; leave the "Find" and "That Match Tags" fields blank; and click on the "Search Now" button.
NOTE: When you archive an Event, you cannot reopen or unarchive the Event for 2 weeks.
To Archive an Event:
- Click on "Events" in the main navigation bar.
- Find the appropriate Event and click on the "Open" link for that Event.
- Click on the "Archive" button and in the modal window click on the "Archive Now" button.
Besides being able to manually archive Events, you can configure your account to auto-archive Events a certain number of days after the final Event date. You may want to use this setting if you manage many Events in your account or if you simply want your recently ended Events archived promptly.
To Configure Auto-Archiving of Events in Your Account:
- Click on "Settings" in the top navigation bar.
- Find the "Auto-Archive Events" box and click "Manage This Setting".
- Click on the "Update" button and select the number of days after an event ends that you wish to have each event archived.
- Click "Save" when you are finished.