Video Tip - Go to the 3:30 mark in the video below for how to place a Hold for a Lead.
If a prospect wants to put a potential Event date/time on hold as well as a Venue/Space/Room, you can do this from the Lead Dashboard. You can also schedule the Hold to expire by a certain day to free up the potential Event date/time and Venue/Space/Room for another prospect or client.
To Place/Manage a Hold for a Lead:
- Click on "Leads" in the main navigation bar.
- Find the appropriate Lead and click on it to open the Lead Dashboard.
- Click on the "Edit Lead" button and select the "Place On Hold" option.
- Select if you want to place a hold or not. If you select "Place Hold"...
- Add a "Hold Until Date" (which is the date that the Hold will expire).
- Click into the next field to select any contacts to notify on the date that the Hold expires; this will send an automated email to these Contacts at 8am on the designated "hold until date".
- Click "Save" when you are finished.
Once you have placed a Hold for a Lead, a notification graphic will appear inside the Lead Dashboard; on the Leads main screen next to the Lead thumbnail; and in the Calendars tool on the tentative Event date. The Lead expiration date will also be displayed in the Calendars tool.