To better organize your Budget, you can create unlimited Categories and assign line items to Categories, and each Category will display a subtotal of all the items placed in it.
To Add a New Budget Category:
- Click on the "Budget" tool button on the Event Dashboard - OR - use the Quick Launch tool to select the appropriate Event and the "Budget" tool.
- Click on the "Add" button and select the "Add New Category" option.
- Enter the Category name and click "Save".
- Once the Category has been added, you can assign line items to that Category.
To Assign a Single Line Item to a Category:
- On the Budget Dashboard, find the appropriate line item and click on the "Open" link for that item.
- Click on the "Edit Name/Category/Type" button.
- Use the Category dropdown menu to select the appropriate Category and click "Save".
To Assign Multiple Line Items to a Category:
- On the Budget Dashboard, use the checkbox feature to click on the checkboxes next to the Budget line items that you wish to move to a Category.
- In the "Available Actions" menu at the top of the page, click on the "Move to Category" option.
- Select the appropriate Category using the dropdown menu and click "Save".
To Edit, Move or Delete a Category:
- On the Budget Dashboard, find the appropriate Category and click on the double-down arrow to the right of the Category name.
- To Rename:
- Select "Rename"; make your changes; and click "Save".
- Select either "Move Up", "Move Down", "Move to Top" or "Move to Bottom".
- Select "Delete".
- NOTE: This will permanently delete the category, but it WILL NOT delete the line items in the Category, which will be moved into the "Uncategorized Items" area.