To better organize your Budget, you can create unlimited Categories and assign Line Items to Categories. You can view a summary of Categories in the Category Totals table.
To Add a New Budget Category:
- Click on the "Budget" tool button on the Event Dashboard - OR - use the Quick Launch or Switch Event tool to select the appropriate Event and the "Budget" tool.
- Click on the "Add Category" button.
- Enter the Category name and click "Save".
- Once the Category has been added, you can assign line items to that Category.
To Assign a Single Line Item to a Category:
- In the Line Items table, find the appropriate line item; locate the Category field for that item; and click on the pencil icon.
- Use the Category dropdown menu to select the appropriate Category and click "Save".
To Assign Multiple Line Items to a Category:
- In the Line Items table, use the checkbox feature to click on the checkboxes next to the Budget line items that you wish to move to a Category.
- In the "Available Actions" menu that appears, click on the "Move to Category" option.
- Select the appropriate Category using the dropdown menu and click "Save".
To Edit or Delete a Category:
- In the Catetory Totals table, find the appropriate Category and click on the down arrow to the right.
- To Rename:
- Select "Rename"; make your changes; and click "Save".
- Select "Delete".
- NOTE: This will permanently delete the category, but it WILL NOT delete the line items in the Category, which will appear in the Line Items table with no category assigned.
Video Tip - Go to the 2:23 mark of the video to view information on how to add a Category to a Budget.