Our Invoices tool lets you create, manage and send out customized Invoices with unlimited line items a well as schedule payment reminders to clients or automated electronic payments. Features of this tool include the ability to:
- Arrange line items into categories and attach images to line items.
- Add/calculate Additional Fees, including gratuities, service fees, shipping/delivery and setup fees.
- Attach Invoices to Events (and subsequently run reports on them).
- Add payments to Invoices.
- Schedule payment reminders (great for billing clients in installments).
- Schedule automated payments (also for installment payments where your client has agreed to automated payments on their credit card).
- Enter and track deposits.
- Email Invoices to clients from inside your account.
- Create and import Invoice Templates into new Invoices. NOTE: if you try to import an invoice template with an attached Food & Beverage package into a new invoice, the invoice you create from that template must already be associated with an individual event. For more about invoice templates, see Importing an Invoice Template into a New Invoice.
- Create and import Line Item Templates into Invoices.
- Import Billable Time Entries from Events into Invoices.
- Generate Reports on Invoices (including Reports on Invoice Payments, Invoice History, Scheduled Payments and Open Invoices).
NOTE: Scheduled payment reminders and scheduled automated payments require using one of our preferred merchant payment providers; see "Setting Up Online Electronic Payment Processing in Planning Pod".
Getting Around the Main Invoices Page
The main Invoices page of your account provides Stat Circles at the top of the page that are customizable (using the dropdown under each circle to designate a time span, like this week, last month, etc.) for viewing data points like:
- Total Invoiced amounts
- Balances Due
- Total Payments
- Scheduled Payments Due
Using the "Quick Views" area in the left column, you can view your invoices by status (all, active, archived, invoiced) or by payment parameters (due, payments, reminders). The "Associated Events" view also lets you view invoices by the event name.
You can also click on the up/down arrow icon at the top of each column in the Invoices table to instantly sort ascending or descending by that particular piece of data.
Article is closed for comments.