Video Tip - Go to the 6:08 mark of the video to view information on how to create Payment Reminders for Invoice payments.
For each Invoice you can set up one or more Payment Reminders for reminding clients to pay a specific amount on a future dates.
This feature is great if your clients pay you in installments or if you simply want the system to automatically send out payment reminders on certain dates/times.
For example, if you have an invoice that needs to be paid in full by July 1, and you want to collect payments in four installments on April 1, May 1, June 1 and July 1, you can set up four payment reminders for each of those days and specify the amount that needs to be paid on each of those dates using this feature.
When you create a Payment Reminder, you can designate:
- A payment amount.
- A payment due date.
- A date on which the client will be sent an email message containing payment-due information and a PDF of the Invoice.
- Note: If you have created an account with one of our recommended credit card processors, you can also add a "Pay Now" button to the email message that will take the client directly to an online credit card payment page.
To Create a Scheduled Payment Reminder:
- Use one of these three ways to access the Invoices tool:
- Click on the "Invoices" tool button on the Event Dashboard.
- Use the Quick Launch or Switch Event tool to select the appropriate Event and the "Invoices" tool.
- Click on "Invoices" in the main navigation bar.
Once created, the Payment Reminder will show as "Not Sent Yet" until the email message is sent to the client, after which it will show as "Sent".
The reminder will display as "Not Paid" until the client pays by credit card and it is automatically marked as "Paid" - OR - until you click on the "Actions" button for the Reminder and "Mark as Paid".
You can also edit or delete the Payment Reminder by clicking on the "Actions" button next to the Reminder.