RSVP Pools compile RSVP responses, meal counts and answers to custom questions for each segment of your Event. By default, we provide a primary RSVP Pool for every Event, but you can create additional Pools if you need to collect RSVPs and other information from your attendees for multiple event segments (say if you needed to collect RSVPs for the main event and separate RSVPs for a post-event function).
For example, if you were organizing a fundraiser that had a main gala event as well as a pre-gala cocktail hour for VIP guests, you could have two RSVP pools: one for all attendees for the main gala, and another for select VIP attendees for the cocktail hour.
Another example ... if you were planning a wedding and needed to collect separate RSVPs from guests for the ceremony and reception, you would create two RSVP Pools for those two separate Event segments.
When you add or upload attendees to the Attendee List, you have the option to include those attendees in all RSVP Pools for the event; however, you can also include them manually one-by-one to each Pool after the attendees have been added to the List.
In addition, you can add meal choice options and custom questions to each RSVP Pool so you can collect additional information from your attendees.
To Add a New RSVP Pool
NOTE: A primary RSVP Pool has already been created for each Event (it has been given the same name as the Event title).
- Click on the "Attendee List" tool button on the Event Dashboard - OR - use the Quick Launch tool to select the appropriate Event and the "Attendee List" tool.
- Click on the "Add New RSVP Pool" button.
- Add the name of the new RSVP Pool.
- If you wish to include all Attendees in the new RSVP Pool, leave the checkbox at the bottom of the form checked; if you do not, uncheck it.
- Click "Save" when you are finished.
- You now have added an RSVP Pool for which you can collect/manage RSVP responses for another Event segment.
In addition, from the Attendee List Dashboard, you can manage the following details for all RSVP Pools:
- Add/manage meal choice options and custom questions for each Pool.
- Manage RSVP settings for what is displayed on the Event Website regarding each Pool.
- Rename the RSVP Pool.
- Delete the RSVP Pool.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Deleting an RSVP Pool will permanently erase all RSVP details for all attendees (including meal counts and answers to custom questions) with regard to that Pool. However, the responses for the other RSVP Pools will remain intact.