RSVP Events compile RSVP responses, meal counts and answers to custom questions for each segment of your overall Event. By default, we provide an initial "default" RSVP Event, but you can create additional RSVP Events if you need to collect RSVPs and other information from your attendees for multiple event segments (say if you needed to collect RSVPs for the main event and separate RSVPs for a post-event function and a pre-event function).
For example, if you were organizing a fundraiser that had a main gala event as well as a pre-gala cocktail hour for VIP guests, you could have two RSVP Events: one for all attendees for the main gala, and another for select VIP attendees for the cocktail hour.
Another example ... if you were planning a wedding and needed to collect separate RSVPs from guests for the ceremony and reception, you would create two RSVP Events - one for the ceremony, another for the reception.
NOTE: This article is for Events set up for collecting RSVPs. If you have set up your Event for selling tickets/collecting registrations, go to Ticketing & Registration.
When you add or upload attendees to the Attendee List, you have the option to include those attendees in all RSVP Events; however, you can also include them manually one-by-one to each RSVP Event after the attendees have been added to the List.
In addition, you can add meal choice options and custom questions to each RSVP Event so you can collect additional information from your attendees.
To Add a New RSVP Event
NOTE: An initial RSVP Event has already been created for you (it has been given the same name as the Event title).
- Click on the "Attendee List" tool button on the Event Dashboard - OR - use the Quick Launch or Switch Event tool to select the appropriate Event and the "Attendee List" tool.
- Click on the "Add New RSVP Event" button.
- Add the name of the new RSVP Event.
- If you wish to include all Attendees in the new RSVP Event, leave the checkbox at the bottom of the form checked; if you do not, uncheck it.
- Click "Save" when you are finished.
- You now have added an RSVP Event for which you can collect/manage RSVP responses for another Event segment.
After you add the RSVP Event, from the Attendee List Dashboard, you can manage the following details for all RSVP Events:
- Add/manage meal choice options and custom questions for each RSVP Event.
- Manage RSVP settings for what is displayed on the Event Website regarding each RSVP Event.
- Rename the RSVP Event.
- Delete the RSVP Event.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Deleting an RSVP Event will permanently erase all RSVP details for all attendees (including meal counts and answers to custom questions) with regard to that RSVP Event. However, the responses for the other RSVP Events will remain intact.
Video Tip - Go to the 0:55 mark of the video to view information on adding/managing RSVP Events.