Video Tip - Go to the 2:23 mark of the video to view information on how to add Line Items to a Proposal.
You can add an unlimited number of line items to a Proposal, and these line items will be automatically added up to provide the total at the bottom of the Proposal. You can also assign line items to a category and they will be added up to provide a category subtotal.
NOTE: You do have the option to hide the Proposal total if you do not want to show the line items adding up (in the case of a Proposal that shows different options or packages). You can also hide all amounts for individual line items assigned to a category so that only the category subtotal displays.
You can add the following details to a Proposal line item:
- Item name
- Item creation date
- Category assignment (if applicable)
- Quantity/hours - Must be at least "1" to calculate a subtotal for the item
- Unit cost
- Markup/discount (as a percentage) - For discount (negative amount), use a hyphen (e.g., -2.25).
- Sales tax rate (as a percentage) - You can either select one of the preset tax rates (that you can manage in the Settings area of your account) or set a custom rate for the item.
- Item description
To Add a Proposal Line Item:
- Use one of these three ways to access the Proposals tool:
- Click on the "Proposals" tool button on the Event or Lead Dashboard.
- Use the Quick Launch or Switch Event tool to select the appropriate Event and the "Proposals" tool.
- Click on "Proposals" in the main navigation bar.
- NOTE: In the quantity/hours field, this amount must be at least "1" in order to calculate a subtotal.
After you have added the line item, you can add an image to the line item by clicking on the "Actions" button and selecting the "Add Thumbnail Image" option.
You can also move the line item by clicking on and dragging the up/down arrow to the left of the line item.
To edit or delete a line item, click on the "Actions" button to the right of the line item and select the appropriate option.