There are 50+ Floorplan elements that you can add to your layouts, including:
- Tables with or without chairs, including round tables (dining, cocktail, etc.), rectangular/banquet tables, seminar tables, square tables, oval/elliptical tables, serpentine tables and custom tables
- Chairs/chair rows
- Furniture and plants
- Trade show booths with availability and hookup information
- Infrastructure elements including floors, doors, obstructions, electrical, etc.
- Stages, floors and entertainment elements (including podiums, bands, DJ booths, pianos, etc.)
- Audio visual and lighting elements like projectors and screens
- Serving carts and food-and-beverage elements
- Outdoor elements like tents and canopies
- Safety and fire elements
- Transportation elements like food trucks, cars and planes
- Shapes and custom elements
Adding a Floorplan element is as easy as finding it in the "Tools" area in the left column and dragging it to the layout palette. Also, you can move one or more elements at a time by simply clicking-holding-and-dragging.
To Add a Floorplan Element:
- Click on the "Floorplans" tool button on the Event Dashboard - OR - use the Quick Launch or Switch Event tool to select the appropriate Event and the "Floorplans" tool.
- Find the appropriate floorplan to which you want to add elements and click on it.
- In the Floorplan Dashboard, click on the "Library" tab in the left column; find the appropriate element; then click-hold-and-drag it to where you want to place it on the Floorplan.
- A form will pop up asking you to add a name, color, dimensions, quantity, layout and other characteristics of the element. Note that the options are dynamic based the element you are adding. See Element specific articles for more information on the individual items.
- Add the desired information and click "Save" when you are finished.
- The element(s) has been added to the location where you had placed it.
To Move One or More Floorplan Elements:
- Click on the first item, then hold down the "Shift" key will selecting additional elements you would like to move/edit as a group. The selected items will be red to indicate they are selected.
- If you click on more than one element, you will be able to drag-and-drop all those elements together, and they will hold their positions relative to each other.
- Depending on the elements you select at the same time, a dynamic menu of edit options will appear on the upper left side of the canvas. This menu will include the group-edit options (change color, chair numbers/arrangement, copy/paste, delete, etc), send to front/back and alignment options for the group of elements you selected.
- The Revert Move option in the upper right corner of the canvas to revert the move of an element back to its last position. NOTE: this will not revert a seating assignment, only moving of elements.
To Edit/Duplicate/Delete a Single Element:
- Click on the appropriate element on the canvas.
- A dynamic menu of editing options will appear in the top-left of the canvas. Note that the element you select will determine which editing items are presented. To make an edit, click on the appropriate item. From left to right, the options can include:
- Table number (table elements only) - Click in the field to change the table number.
- Favorite - Adds the selected element to your Favorites library.
- Edit - Opens the editing modal window for the element.
- Rotate - Lets you rotate the element up to 360 degrees.
- Chairs (table and chair row elements only) - Lets you add/remove chairs, change seating style and change chair type.
- Duplicate - Copies the element.
- Color - Changes the color of the element.
- Delete - Deletes the element.
- Bring to Front - Places the element on top of overlapping elements.
- Send to Back - Places the element behind overlapping elements.
To Edit/Duplicate/Delete/Realign Multiple Elements:
- Click on the first element you want to edit and then hold down on the "shift" key to select additional elements to edit - OR - click-and-drag your cursor over all the elements you wish to edit.
- A dynamic menu of editing options will appear in the top-left of the canvas. Note that the elements you select will determine which editing items are presented. To make an edit, click on the appropriate item. From left to right, the options can include:
- Rotate - Lets you rotate the elements up to 360 degrees.
- Chairs (table and chair row elements only) - Lets you add/remove chairs, change seating style and change chair type for all tables.
- Duplicate - Copies the elements.
- Color - Changes the color of the elements.
- Delete - Deletes the elements.
- Bring to Front - Places the elements on top of overlapping elements.
- Send to Back - Places the elements behind overlapping elements.
- The rest of the options relate to re-aligning the selected items:
- Align Left - Aligns all selected elements with the furthest element to the left.
- Align Horizontal Center - Centers all selected elements horizontally at the point between the two elements to the furthest left and furthest right.
- Align Right - Aligns all selected elements with the furthest element to the right.
- Align Top - Aligns all selected elements with the element closest to the top.
- Align Vertical Center - Centers all selected elements vertically at the point between the two elements closest to the top and bottom.
- Align Bottom - Aligns all selected elements with the element closest to the bottom.
- Distribute Horizontally - Equally distributes the selected elements horizontally (left to right) between the two elements furthest to the left and furthest to the right.
- Distribute Vertically - Equally distributes the selected elements vertically (top to bottom) between the two elements closest to the top and bottom.
To Display your Floorplan Elements in Client Portal:
- Add the appropriate floorplan elements to a floorplan or Floorplan Template
- Select the item you want to show in the client portal
- Click on the Star Icon to mark the element as a favorite, give it a name and description
- Once the item is showing in your "Favorites" menu it will also display for use in the Client Portal if you have given client edit access in the Portal.