The Floorplans tool gives you a variety of ways to view the design palette as well as to zoom in and out of the palette.
The "Current View" options let you choose one of three ways to view the Floorplan:
- Design View, which shows just the elements that have been placed on the design palette.
- Service Area View, which shows the placed elements as well as any service areas that have been created around tables, chair rows, etc.
- Attendee View, which shows the placed elements as well as the names of attendees (and their meal choices, if applicable) next to the seats they have been placed at.
NOTE: If you are generating a PDF of the Floorplan, the PDF will display whatever is the "Current View" (meaning what you see on the screen is what you will see on the PDF).
Locking the canvas prevents users from moving the canvas on which elements have been placed.
Locking the elements prevents them from being accidentally moved, but you can still edit them and add/remove attendees from seats.
You can display a background grid of 1 ft. blocks that allows you to better align elements that you place onto the Floorplan.
You can also display chair types and table dimensions for the tables you place onto the Floorplan.
These tools are located in the top right corner of the canvas (look for the light blue circles).
- The large circle lets you move the canvas up/down/left/right. However, you can also move the canvas by clicking-and-holding on an empty area of the canvas and moving your mouse.
- The plus and minus magnifying glass tools let you zoom in and out, respectively.
- The double-arrow tool is the "Fit to Window" feature and will fit the width of the entire Floorplan in the window/palette area. You can use this if you have zoomed in/out or moved the canvas off the screen and wish to return to the original presentation of the canvas.
Video Tip - Go to the 8:13 mark of the video to view information on managing view options for Floorplans.