Video Tip - Go to the 0:44 mark of the video to view information on adding and managing categories for Itineraries.
You can create one or more categories to place your Itinerary items into. For example, maybe you want to group all your setup, food preparation, entertainment and teardown items into categories. You can create categories with these labels; assign items to these categories; and then easily view items by category as well as download category-specific PDFs.
You can also assign more than one category to an Itinerary item.
To Add a New Itinerary Category:
- Click on the "Itinerary" tool button on the Event Dashboard - OR - use the Quick Launch or Switch Event tool to select the appropriate Event and the "Itinerary" tool.
- Find the "Categories" area and click on the "Add" button.
- Add the category name, select a color and click "Save".
To modify the name of or delete a category, click on the down arrow to the right of the category name and select the appropriate option.
To Assign a Single Existing Itinerary Item to One or More Categories:
- On the Itinerary dashboard, find the line item and click on its name.
- Find the "Categories" label and click on the "Update" button. Add/remove categories and click the "Save".
To Assign Multiple Existing Itinerary Items to One or More Categories:
- On the Itinerary dashboard, for each item that you want to assign to one or more category, click on the checkbox to the left of the item.
- Once you have selected all items you wish to assign to categories, in the "Available Actions" menu that has appeared, select the "Update Categories" option.
- You have three options:
- To add categories to the selected items (and not update or remove any categories already assigned to them), select the "Add Only" option and select the categories you wish to add.
- To remove any assigned categories and add new ones, select the "Add and Remove Existing" option and select the categories you wish to add.
- To simply remove the assigned categories, click the Remove Only option.
- Click "Save" when you are finished.
Article is closed for comments.