If you need to use Floorplans for the same spaces/rooms or setups, the Floorplan Templates Tool lets you create reusable Floorplans that you can import into your events over and over again and make modifications once they have been imported.
NOTE: You can also attach Floorplan Templates to Venue Space/Room entries in the Settings area. By doing this, when you add a Venue Space/Room booking to an Event, the Floorplan is instantly imported into the Event.
To Create a New Floorplan Template from Scratch:
- Click on "Templates" in the top navigation bar.
- Find the "Floorplans" box and click "Manage Templates".
- Click on the "Add New Template" button.
- Enter the Floorplan name and dimensions (width and length) and click "Save".
This brings you to the Floorplan builder page, where you can start building your Floorplan and add elements to it. Please consult the Floorplans section of the Help Center for using Floorplan-building tools.
To Create a Floorplan Template from an Existing Floorplan:
- Click on the "Floorplans" tool button in the Event Dashboard.
- Click on the "Save as Template" button.
- From the dropdown menu, select the Floorplan that you wish to save as a Template.
- After clicking "Save", the selected Floorplan will be saved as a new Floorplan Template in the Templates area, which you can now edit and modify.
To Import a Floorplan Template into a New Floorplan:
- Click on the "Floorplan" tool button in the Event Dashboard.
- Click on the "Import Template" button.
- From the dropdown menu, select the Floorplan Template that you wish to import as a new Floorplan.
- After clicking "Save", the selected Template will be saved as a new Floorplan, which you can now edit and modify.
To Attach a Floorplan Template to a Venue Space/Room:
- Click on "Settings" in the main navigation bar.
- Find the box labeled "Venue and Space/Room Setup" and click on the "Manage This Setting" link.
- Find the Space/Room you want to attach a Floorplan Template to and click on the "Edit" button.
- From the "Associate Floorplan" dropdown menu, select the Floorplan Templates that you wish to attach.
- Click "Save" when you are finished. The Floorplan Template has been attached to the Space/Room, and anytime you assign this Space/Room to an Event, the attached Floorplan Templates will also be imported into the Event's Floorplans tool.