Video Tip - Go to the 8:31 mark of the video to view information on how to set up Credit Card Processing with WePay.
Every Planning Pod account is set up to accept credit card payments online via our payment processing partner WePay. You can accept credit card payments for two things in your account:
There's no approval required and no monthly fee for using WePay. There are fees that apply for credit card transactions, which are as follows:
- For credit card payments on invoices: 2.9% + $0.30 credit card processing fee per payment
- For credit card payments on registrations: 2.9% credit card processing fee + 2.25% + $0.99 service fee per ticket.
WePay policy quotes that payouts on credit card transactions typically occur 2-5 business day after the payment is processed.
NOTE: WePay reserves the right to hold processed payments in reserve for a period of time in case of chargebacks and refunds. By default, WePay has set a maximum payout/distribution on processed payments to $10,000/week for Planning Pod customers. If you wish to inquire about having this limit adjusted, please contact us at email@example.com.
You need to confirm that you want to accept credit card payments through Planning Pod using WePay. If you do not want to use this service, no action is required and your WePay account will expire after 90 days.
You can immediately accept online credit card payments for your invoices (click here for instructions), but you will first need to confirm your WePay account and provide WePay with information on where to send the funds for your credit card transactions.
Until confirmation is received, your WePay account will be restricted as follows:
- You can only accept a total of $100,000 in payments.
- New payments will not be allowed 14 days after you accept your first payment.
- Your account with WePay will be deleted 30 days after you accept your first payment and all payments will be refunded to the payers.
To confirm your WePay account:
- Click on your name in the top left corner and select the "Settings" option.
- Under the "Administrative" heading, click on the "Credit Card Processing" link.
- Click on the "Confirm Now" button and follow the instructions to set up your WePay account.
- NOTE: WePay is available only to U.S. and Canadian businesses.