Not only can you add appointments related to Events or Leads in the Calendars tool, but you can also add them inside the Event/Lead itself. Once you add an Appointment to an Event or Lead, it will display both in the Calendars tab (accessible via the main navigation bar) as well as in the calendar displayed on the dashboard for the individual Event/Lead.
NOTE: The following instructions apply to both event and lead dashboards.
To Add an Appointment to an Event Calendar from the Event Dashboard:
- Scroll down to the calendar on the event dashboard underneath the tool list.
- Click "Add to Calendar" > "Appointment" in the upper left, OR click on the day where you want to add the Appointment.
- Enter the appointment details.
- Contacts who are assigned to the Event or Lead will automatically receive email notifications (and reminders, if you add them) regarding the Appointment. If you wish to have an invitation for the Appointment emailed to Contacts who are not assigned to the Event/Lead (along with an appointment file they can add to their own e-calendar), click in the "Invite Other People" field and select those Contacts.
- If the item is a recurring Appointment, use the "Repeat This Item" dropdown to select whether it repeats daily/weekly/monthly/yearly.
- If you wish to set a reminder for the Appointment, click the "Set Reminder" checkbox and:
- Select how many minutes/hours/days/weeks you wish Contacts to be notified in advance.
- Select if you want email and text message reminders. NOTE: Text message reminders are only available in North America.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: If you set a reminder, all Contacts who are assigned to the Event/Lead will receive the reminder.
- Click "Save" when you are finished.
Video Tip - Go to the 4:05 mark of the video to view information on adding appointments inside of Events and Leads.