IMPORTANT NOTE: Ticket Processing and Service Fees do not apply to free tickets and do not apply to tickets paid by check or cash. These Fees only apply to fixed price tickets, open price tickets and donations paid by credit card.
For every ticket/registration purchased via credit card (plus donations), Planning Pod charges two types of fees - a credit card processing fee plus a Planning Pod service fee. Our current Ticket Fees are as follows:
- Credit card processing fee = 2.9% per order
- Planning Pod service fee = 2.25% + $0.99 per order
For example, if you created a ticket that was priced at $100, the Processing and Service Fees would be...
$2.90 (credit card processing fee: $100 x 0.029)
+ $2.25 (service fee percentage: $100 x 0.0225)
+ $0.99 (flat service fee)
$6.14 total Processing and Service Fees for $100 ticket
You can choose whether you want the Processing and Service Fees paid by the ticket buyer (and therefore added onto the price of the ticket) or absorbed into the price of the ticket (in which case the Fees would be subtracted from the price of the ticket).
If you chose to have the Fees paid by the ticket buyer in the above scenario, then the ticket buyer would pay $106.14 for one ticket ($100 ticket price + $6.14 in Fees).
If you chose to absorb the Fees into the price of the ticket in the above scenario, then the ticket buyer would pay $100 for the ticket; $6.14 would be subtracted from it; and you would be provided with the balance of $93.86.
To Select a Processing and Service Fee Preference:
- Click on the "Registration Setup" tool button on the Event Dashboard - OR - use the Quick Launch or Switch Event tool to select the appropriate Event and the "Registration Setup" tool.
- Click on the "Checkout Setup" tab
- Find the "Checkout Settings" area and click on the "Edit" button.
- In the field labeled "Ticket Service and Processing Fees" select either "Paid by Ticket Buyer" or "Absorbed Into Price of Ticket".
- Click "Save" when you are finished.
Video Tip - Go to the 1:50 mark of the video to view information on selecting Processing/Service Fee preferences.