When a ticket buyer starts using the Checkout Form, once they have selected their tickets and moved onto the next screen, Planning Pod will "reserve" those tickets for them while they finish the checkout process.
You have the ability to set a Checkout Time Limit for how long someone can take to finish the checkout process. Once the time limit expires, any tickets that were being held or "reserved" during the checkout session are released and the ticket buyer will be redirected to start the registration process over.
To Set the Checkout Time Limit for the Checkout Form:
- Click on the "Registration Setup" tool button on the Event Dashboard - OR - use the Quick Launch tool to select the appropriate Event and the "Registration Setup" tool.
- Find the "Setup Categories" box and click on the "Checkout Options" link.
- Find the "Checkout Settings" box and click on the pencil icon.
- In the field labeled "Checkout Time Limit" enter the number of minutes for the time limit.
- NOTE: We recommend the time period be no shorter than 5 minutes (and in most cases at least 10 minutes) to allow the ticket buyer ample time to complete the form.