You have the ability to accept donations when ticket buyers are registering for your events and purchasing tickets. You can also opt to accept donations even if the person decides not to purchase a ticket.
NOTE: If you choose to accept donations and the ticket buyer pays by credit card, our standard Ticket Processing and Service Fees will apply to the donated amount and be added onto the donation.
To Enable/Disable Donations in the Checkout Form:
- Click on the "Registration Setup" tool button on the Event Dashboard - OR - use the Quick Launch tool to select the appropriate Event and the "Registration Setup" tool.
- Find the "Setup Categories" box and click on the "Checkout Options" link.
- Find the "Donations" box.
- To accept donations, select "yes" under "Ask for Donations During Checkout".
- If you want to give people the option to make donations without buying a ticket, select "yes" under "Can Donations Be Accepted WITHOUT a Purchase?"
If you have enabled accepting donations, a field will be added toward the end of the Checkout Form where the ticket buyer can add a donation amount in addition to their tickets.
If you have also opted for allowing people to make a donation without buying a ticket, a checkbox at the beginning of the Checkout Form will be added so they can choose the donation-only option.