We provide for two methods to accept payments via the Checkout Form for online ticket orders/registrations and donations - credit card and mailed check.
We also provide for three methods to accept payments at-the-door - credit card, check and cash.
With regard to processing credit card payments...
We have integrated with the payment processor WePay to make the process seamless for you and your ticket buyers. Your account is already set up to accept credit card payments via WePay, and all you need to do is to confirm your account with them and provide them with bank account information for depositing funds.
As long as you have provided WePay with accurate information and a transaction is not flagged as "high-risk" (which can result from payments made by compromised credit cards and other factors), WePay typically distributes funds 2-5 days after a credit card payment has been processed.
IMPORTANT NOTE: For every ticket purchased via credit card (plus donations), Planning Pod charges two types of fees - a credit card processing fee plus a Planning Pod service fee. Learn more about processing/service fees.
To Confirm and Complete Setup With WePay (if you have not yet already done so):
- Click on the "Registration Setup" tool button on the Event Dashboard - OR - use the Quick Launch tool to select the appropriate Event and the "Registration Setup" tool.
- Find the "Setup Categories" box and click on the "Payment Processing" link.
- Find the "Action Required" box and click on the "Confirm Now" button.
- Click the "Send Confirmation Email" button. Shortly you will receive an email with the subject line "Please confirm your Planning Pod account", which will be sent from "Planning Pod via WePay". Follow the instructions provided to complete your setup with WePay.
- Once you have completed this, you are ready to process payments and have funds deposited into your bank account.
With regard to mailed check payments...
We allow you to activate this option; to add details for what entity/person to make the check out to and mailing information; and to designate how many days to hold the tickets (while you awaiting payment) until they are released for resale.
With regard to at-the-door payments...
By using the Check In tool ,you can select tickets and manually process credit card payments (via WePay) as well as enter check or cash payment amounts.