Video Tip - Go to the 0:19 mark in the video below for how to duplicate/copy an existing Event into a new one.
If you plan the same (or similar) Events over and over again, you can easily duplicate or clone an existing Event that pulls the data from that Event into a new Event. In addition, you can designate which tools you want to include/exclude when copying data over to your new Event.
When you duplicate data items that have dates attached (like to-do due dates, scheduled invoice payment reminders, itinerary items, etc.), we back all those dates out from the start date of the new/duplicated event.
NOTE: Some information will be zeroed out so you can start from scratch for things like RSVP status of attendees, registered/ticketed attendees, registration orders, budget payments, invoice payments, collected proposal and contract signatures, etc.
To Duplicate an Event:
- Click on "Events" in the main navigation bar.
- There are two ways to start the process:
- Click on the "Add/Duplicate Event" button and select the "Duplicate Existing Event" option; OR
- Find the appropriate Event; click on it to open the Event Dashboard; and click on the "Duplicate Event" button
- Select the Event you wish to duplicate and add the start date of your new Event.
- Using the checkboxes, select the tools for which you wish to have information duplicated.
- Click the "Save" button. Depending on the amount of data being duplicated, it may take up to a few minutes for the new event to completely populate with information.