Video Tip - Go to the 6:40 mark of the video to view information on how to upload a .csv file with your budget information into our Budget tool.
If you have budget information in a spreadsheet, you can upload that data to the Budget tool in an Event using a .CSV file.
To convert your spreadsheet to a .CSV file:
- In Excel - Go to File > Save As; in the "File Format" dropdown, select the "Comma Separated Values (.csv)" option; click "Save".
- In Google Sheets/Drive - Go to File > Download As; select the "Comma-separated values (.csv, current sheet)" option.
To Upload or Import Data in the Budget Tool
- Click on the "Budget" tool button on the Event Dashboard - OR - use the Quick Launch or Switch Event tool to select the appropriate Event and the "Budget" tool.
- Click on the "Import/Export" button and select the "Import From a .CSV File" option.
- Click on the "Choose File" button to select the .CSV file from your computer.
- Click on the "Start Import Process" button.
- Match the fields from your file to the available fields in Planning Pod (Item Name, Item Type, Estimated Amount, Negotiated Amount, Actual Amount, Note). When you are done, click the "Continue to Next Step" button.
- NOTE: If your file does not have a header row, make sure the "Imported file has column headers?" checkbox IS NOT checked.
- Review the data on the page. If there are any fields that can be edited, double-check them to ensure they contain valid information and edit them if necessary. If the information is not in a valid format, you will not be able to submit it until it has been fixed.
- NOTE: If the information here looks incorrect, you may need to go back and re-match fields, or you may need to fix your original .csv file and re-try this process.
- Once all fields are correct, click the "Looks Good - Import Now" button. Your information will be uploaded momentarily.
Once your data is uploaded, you can edit it and add additional information to each line item (like payments, assigned contacts/vendors, etc.).