If you have tasks/to-do's stored in a spreadsheet, you can upload that data to the To-Do's tool in an Event using a .CSV file.
To convert your spreadsheet to a .CSV file:
- In Excel - Go to File > Save As; in the "File Format" dropdown, select the "Comma Separated Values (.csv)" option; click "Save".
- In Google Sheets/Drive - Go to File > Download As; select the "Comma-separated values (.csv, current sheet)" option.
To Upload or Import Data in the To-Do's Tool
- Click on the "To-Do's" tool button on the Event Dashboard - OR - use the Quick Launch or Switch Event tool to select the appropriate Event and the "To-Do's" tool.
- Click on the "Import/Export" button and select the "Import From a .CSV File" option.
- Click on the "Choose File" button to select the .CSV file from your computer.
- Click on the "Start Import Process" button.
- Match the fields from your file to the available fields in Planning Pod (To-Do Item, Due Date, Completed?, Notes). When you are done, click the "Continue to Next Step" button.
- NOTE: If your file does not have a header row, make sure the "Imported file has column headers?" checkbox IS NOT checked.
- Review the data on the page. If there are any fields that can be edited, double-check them to ensure they contain valid information and edit them if necessary. If the information is not in a valid format, you will not be able to submit it until it has been fixed.
- NOTE: If the information here looks incorrect, you may need to go back and re-match fields, or you may need to fix your original .csv file and re-try this process.
- Once all fields are correct, click the "Looks Good - Import Now" button. Your information will be uploaded momentarily.
Once your data is uploaded, you can edit it and add additional information to each To-Do (like contact assignments, reminders, file attachments, etc.).