You can create categories for organizing line items in your Proposals and Invoices, giving you added customization for how you present financials to customers/vendors.
When you create line item categories, you can then place line items into those categories, which will then show category subtotals in your Proposals and Invoices both on screen and in output (like for PDFs and emails you send to customers).
Once you create line item categories, you can also add Additional Fees (like service fees, gratuities, etc.) to line item categories in your Proposals/Invoices. These Additional Fees are added/calculated in the subtotals area of the category.
To Manage Line Item Category Topics in Your Account:
- Click on your name in the top left corner and select the "Settings" option.
- Under the "Financial" heading, click on the "Line Item Categories (for Proposals/Invoices)" link.
- To add a new category, click the "Add New Category" button.
- Enter the category name and select if you wish to automatically add this category to all new Proposals/Invoices.
- Click "Save" when you are finished.
- To edit or delete the category, click on the "Actions" button next to the category and select the appropriate option.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you delete a line item category topic, it will immediately be removed from all Proposals and Invoices to which it had been added. If you have added Additional Fees to the deleted category in those Proposals/Invoices, those items will also be removed, which will affect the total pricing of the Proposals/Invoices in question.