Video Tip - Go to the 9:59 mark of the video to view information on how to manage account settings for Proposals and Invoices (including tax rates, additional fees, line item categories and display settings).
Additional Fees are predefined items that can add be added to Proposals and Invoices, and they differ from standard Line Items because they are added either:
- In the totals area of a Proposal/Invoice
- In the subtotals area of a Line Item Category in a Proposal/Invoice
The Additional Fees that you can manage in your account include:
- Service charge
If you assign a percentage to an Additional Fee, that percentage will be assessed to all the associated line items. For example, if you set your Service Charge fee to be 18%, then if you add the Service Charge fee to the totals area of a Proposal, that fee will be calculated as 18% of all items in the Proposal. Conversely, if you add the Service Charge fee to the subtotals area of a Line Item Category, the 18% will only be calculated against all line items in that category.
NOTE: If you edit/change the amount (percentage or flat fee) of an Additional Fee item in the Settings area, that new amount will be implemented on all fees of that type moving forward; it will not change the amounts of that fee type retroactively (that is, it will not automatically change the amount of that fee type that on existing Proposals/Invoices, unless you manually edit those items inside each Proposal/Invoice).
To Manage Additional Fees for Proposals/Invoices:
- Click on your name in the top left corner and select the "Settings" option.
- Under the "Financial" heading, click on the "Additional Fees Setup" link.
- Find the fee you wish to modify and click on the "Edit" button.
- If available, select the fee name you prefer.
- Select the fee type (percentage or fixed amount) and then enter the amount.
- Click on the checkboxes if you want to include line item taxes and/or markups/discounts when calculating this fee.
- NOTE: This means that you can have this fee calculated before or after taxes and markups/discounts are added to line items.
- If applicable, select or add a tax rate that will be applied to the fee.
- NOTE: In some areas, the tax code stipulates that some Additional Fees (like standard gratuities added to an Invoice) are taxable. Please consult your accountant for what applies to your organization.
- Click "Save" when you are finished.
Article is closed for comments.