Video Tip - Go to the 6:26 mark of the video to view information on how to add Additional Fees to an Invoice.
Additional Fees are predefined items that can add be added to Invoices (and Proposals), and they differ from standard Line Items because they are added either:
- In the totals area of an Invoice
- In the subtotals area of a Line Item Category in an Invoice
The Additional Fees that you can manage in your account include:
- Service charge
You can assign a percentage or a flat fee to an Additional Fee. If you assign a percentage, that percentage will be assessed to all the associated line items. For example, if you set your Service Charge fee to be 18%, then if you add the Service Charge fee to the totals area of an Invoice, that fee will be calculated as 18% of all items in the Invoice. Conversely, if you add the Service Charge fee to the subtotals area of a Line Item Category, the 18% will only be calculated against all line items in that category.
You can set up and manage the Additional Fee settings in the Settings area, but you can also modify these presets when you add/edit an Additional Fee in an Invoice.
To Add Additional Fees to an Invoice:
- Use one of these three ways to access the Invoices tool:
- Click on the "Invoices" tool button on the Event Dashboard.
- Use the Quick Launch or Switch Event tool to select the appropriate Event and the "Invoices" tool.
- Click on "Invoices" in the main navigation bar.
- Find the Invoice to which you want to add Additional Items and click on it.
- Determine whether you wish to add an Additional Item to the Invoice total (at the bottom of the Invoice line items) or to a category subtotal (at the bottom of a category).
- Click on the "Add Additional Fee" button and select the appropriate fee.
- Select the fee type (percentage or fixed amount) and then enter the amount (if you have set up your fees in the Settings area, these will be prefilled, but you can always modify them for a particular fee you are adding).
- Click on the checkboxes if you want to include line item taxes and/or markups/discounts when calculating this fee.
- NOTE: This means that you can have this fee calculated before or after taxes and markups/discounts are added to line items.
- If applicable, select or add a tax rate that will be applied to the fee.
- NOTE: In some areas, the tax code stipulates that some Additional Fees (like standard gratuities added to an Invoice) are taxable. Please consult your accountant for what applies to your organization.
- Click "Save" when you are finished.
- Repeat if you wish to add more Additional Fees to the Invoice.