You are able to integrate your Planning Pod account with hundreds of other software applications via the Zapier platform. In doing this, you can push designated data from Planning Pod to applications like:
- Constant Contact
- Facebook Pages
- Google Calendar/Contacts
- Google Drive/Docs/Sheets
- Zoho CRM
- And hundreds more (click to see a complete list)
Generally, the way data integrations with Zapier work is that you set a trigger event from one application (say, a new to-do that is added in your Planning Pod account) and that triggers an action in another application (say, sending an email through Gmail with the to-do's contents, or adding a comment in Slack, or adding a new note in Evernote).
These triggers/actions are called Zaps (using Zapier's lingo), and you can create Zaps in two ways:
- Using one of the many prebuilt Zaps we have already created.
- Building your own Zaps in a Zapier account.
Here are the basics on getting started using Zapier.
1. Create a Zapier account
Creating a Zapier account is free (although if you want to integrate with designated Premium apps in Zapier - like Quickbooks and Salesforce - there is an additional monthly fee).
2. Connect your Zapier account to Planning Pod
Inside your Zapier account are profiles for every application that they connect to. To connect your Zapier account to Planning Pod, go to the Planning Pod profile in Zapier and follow the instructions there.
3. Learn how to get around Zapier
Watch the video below to learn how to start using Zapier.
4. Create Zaps by using our templates ... or build your own
We have already created pre-built Zaps to connect to popular applications like Quickbooks, Xero and Google Calendar, and you can access those in two ways:
- Via the Planning Pod profile page in Zapier.
- In your Planning Pod account in the "Settings > Connect With Other Web Apps via Zapier" area.
However, if you want to create your own Zaps (and many people do), you can do that inside your Zapier account by clicking on the "Make a Zap" button.
If you are interested in building Zaps for sharing invoice, proposal or payments data, watch the video below for tips and best practices.