The Communications tool in Planning Pod makes it easy to share information from an Event or Lead with contacts ... without having to download and re-attach items to an email. You can also attach files from your computer for items that are not stored in Planning Pod and they will be saved to the Event/Lead files automatically. Additionally, files attached to received emails can be added to the files area of an Event/Lead by simply linking the message to the event or lead.
To attach Event/Lead PDFs or files to an email:
- Click "Compose" from the top of the communications dashboard.
- Select the associated Event/Lead (if you are composing the email in the main communications dashboard outside of an Event/Lead).
- All of the associated files for that Event/Lead will appear below the email body.
- Select the files you would like to send by clicking on the checkboxes next to the item.
- All selected items will be attached to the email in the form of a live link that allows the recipient to download the file.
To attach additional items from your device to an email:
- Compose your email message.
- Select the associated Event/Lead (if you are composing the emails in the main communications dashboard outside of an event).
- Use the "Select Files" button under "Upload File Attachments" to choose and attach files.
- Once you send the message, the attachments will be stored under the "Files" section of the Event or Lead.
- If you un-link an email from an Event/Lead, the associated files will be removed from the files section.