Connecting your Google Workspace email account to Planning Pod is a simple process. Once it is connected you can use your email address to send and receive messages from anyone in your Planning Pod Contact list - all within your account.
In order to establish a secure connection with Gmail servers, you must first turn on 2-Step Verification and create an App Specific password in your Google settings.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You can only connect Gmail addresses that have been set up and are maintained within a Google Workspaces account (formerly G Suite). If you have a free Gmail account, due to security restrictions enacted by Google, you will not be able to connect that free email address to Planning Pod.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ
Before connecting the first email account in your organization, your G Suite administrator MUST add Planning Pod to your G Suite admin console before you can move forward. To complete this step, download the instructions below and provide them to your G Suite administrator before attempting to connect.
Either Download Instructions (PDF) here (includes photo guide) or follow the instructions below.
G Suite super administrator is the only person who can whitelist Planning Pod in your G Suite account. Once this step has been completed, anyone at your company will be able to connect G Suite email addresses to Planning Pod.
- Admins should sign in to their Google Admin Console. From the Google Admin dashboard, in the left-side “hamburger“ menu, go to “Security” and click on “Settings”.
- Then, admins should go to API Permissions (scroll to bottom of settings).
- Then, admins should click “Manage Third-Party App Access” link.
- Then, admins should click “Add App” and select the “OAuth App Name or Client ID” option.
- This will bring up the Add App window. Paste the following client ID into the field and click “SEARCH”: 1069949297446-76ocs2hjtakdoqenncf1krsbtsqop0qe.apps.googleusercontent.com
- You should now see Planning Pod in the Search Results. Click on “Planning Pod” to select and then click “Add”
- That’s it! Planning Pod is now a trusted app that can connect to your G Suite Account.
Then in Planning Pod:
- Click on your name and select "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
- Under "Communications & Alerts" choose "Communications Setup (Email)".
- Click on the "Connect Email" button from the top right of the Email Communications setup screen.
- Select Google from the menu.
- Enter your email address (Google Business address managed through Google) and password you generated in your Google account.
You will then be redirected back to Planning Pod to confirm your email has been connected. You are ready to begin sending email in Planning Pod through your Gmail account.