Video Tip - Go to the 0:40 mark of the video to view information on connecting your Google account.
Connecting your Gmail account to Planning Pod is a simple process. Once it is connected you can use your Gmail email address to send and receive messages from anyone in your Planning Pod Contact list - all in your account.
In order to establish a secure connection with Gmail servers, you must first turn on 2-Step Verification and create an App Specific password in your Google settings.
To get started:
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Click on your photo/initial in the upper right corner and click "Google Account".
- Click on "Security" from the main menu.
- Under "Signing in to Google" turn on 2-Step Verification. This will make your email address more secure and unlock the ability to create your App Specific password.
- Once you are finished setting up 2-Step Verification, return to the Google Account Security page and go back into "Signing in to Google" box.
- Click on "App Passwords". Under "Select App" dropdown menu, choose "Other (Custom name)".
- Enter the name "Planning Pod" and click "Generate".
- Copy the 16 digit password (this is the password you will use to set up your Gmail account inside Planning Pod; DO NOT USE your normal email password).
Then in Planning Pod:
- Click on your name and select "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
- Under "Communications & Alerts" choose "Communications Setup (Email)".
- Click on the "Connect Email" button from the top right of the Email Communications setup screen.
- Select Google from the menu.
- Enter your Gmail email address (or Google Business address managed through Google) and the App-Specific password you generated in your Google account.
You will then be redirected back to Planning Pod to confirm your email has been connected. You are ready to begin sending email in Planning Pod through your Gmail account.