Video Tip - Go to the 2:35 mark of the video to view information on connecting your Yahoo email address.
Connecting your Yahoo email account to Planning Pod requires several steps via the Yahoo site and mobile application. Once it is connected you can use your Yahoo email address to send and receive messages from anyone in your Planning Pod Contact list - all in your account.
First, you will need to follow these steps outside of the Planning Pod system:
- Log in to your Yahoo email account.
- Click on your name in the upper right corner and select "Account Info" .
- Click on "Account Security" from the left navigation menu
- Click on "Generate App Password" from the bottom of the screen
- Choose "Other App" from the menu and enter Planning Pod for the Custom name.
- Click "Generate".
- Copy the generated App-Specific password to use in the Planning Pod setup process. Note: This password is specific to this application only and will not be used for any other purposes.
Back in Planning Pod:
- Click on your name and select "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
- Under "Communications & Alerts" choose "Communications Setup (Email)".
- Click on the "Connect Email" button from the top right of the Email Communications setup screen.
- Select Yahoo from the menu.
- Enter your Yahoo email address.
- Enter the App-Specific password you created in your Yahoo account.
- Assign a user and click "Save".
You will then be redirected back to Planning Pod to confirm your email has been connected. You are ready to begin sending email in Planning Pod through your Yahoo account.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Yahoo accounts do not allow tracking of email sends/delivery through your "sent" folder in your Yahoo Account due to the way we must connect to their servers. We recommend using Gmail or Outlook for the best results and tracking of communications.