Video Tip - Go to the 4:35 mark of the video to view information on connecting your email address.
Connecting your email account to Planning Pod is a simple process. Once it is connected you can use your email address to send and receive messages from anyone in your Planning Pod Contact list - all in your account.
Note: If your email is hosted on Google, Outlook, iCloud or Yahoo, click here for specific instructions. This article will cover custom or SMTP email setup.
You will need some basic information from your email provider to get started. If you are not sure how to set this up, contact your IT professional. Before connecting your email make sure you have the following information:
- Outgoing Email Settings
- SMTP Server
- SMTP Port
- Incoming Email Settings
- IMAP Server
- IMAP Port
To get started:
- Click on your name and select "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
- Under "Communications & Alerts" choose "Communications Setup (Email)".
- Click on the "Connect Email" button from the top right of the Email Communications setup screen.
- Select "Other" from the menu.
- Enter your email address and password and assign a user/users.
- Fill out the email information and click "Save".
You will then be redirected back to Planning Pod to confirm your email has been connected. You are ready to begin sending email in Planning Pod through your external email account.