The first step in building Food-&-Beverage Packages for your events is to create the food and drink items you will be including in those packages. In this step, you can add/edit categories for Food-&-Beverages, create new items, add photos and descriptions, and edit existing items.
You can add Food-&-Beverage (F&B) Items in two places:
- In the Settings / Food-&-Beverage Items area. NOTE: This is the primary place in your account where you can view and manage all the F&B Items for your account (including adding thumbnail images to those items) plus manage all the categories for those items.
- In the Food-&-Beverage tool inside an event while you are adding items to a package.
To Add/Manage Food-&-Beverage Item Categories (in Settings):
- Click on your name in the top left corner and select the "Settings" option.
- Under the "Global Setup" heading, click on the "Food-&-Beverage Items" link.
- Click "Add" to the right of either the "Food Categories" or "Beverage Categories" heading.
- Add the name of the new category and click "Save".
- Once the category has been added, you can:
- Use the drop-down arrow button to the right of the category name to edit the category name or delete it completely.
- Use the up/down arrow to the left of each item to adjust the order that the items appear in the dropdown lists when you are building Food-&-Beverage Packages.
To Add Food-&-Beverage Items in Settings:
- Go to "Settings" and click on the "Food-&-Beverage Items" link.
- Click the "Add Item" button at the top of the screen and choose whether you will be adding a food or beverage item from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the item name, choose a category and add a description and click "Save". Note that this description will display in all Food-&-Beverage Packages, event menus and in BEOs.
- Once the item has been added you can click on the "Actions" button to the right of the item to:
- Add/manage a thumbnail image for the item - When you select this option in the menu, you are prompted to select and upload an image file from your device, crop the image and save it.
- Edit the item details or delete the item.
To Add Food-&-Beverage Items in the Event Food-&-Beverage Tool:
NOTE: When you are adding items inside a package in the Food-&-Beverage tool in an Event, you can add a new item on-the-fly. However, once this item is added, you must go to the Settings / Food-&-Beverage Items area to modify it or add a thumbnail image.
- In the Food-&-Beverage tool in an Event, click on the name of the package to which you want to add a new item.
- Click on the "Add Items" button and, in the modal window that appears, click on the "Create New Food/Beverage Item" button.
- Add the item name, category and description and click the "Save New Item" button.
- When you are finished adding items to the package, click "Save".