Video tip - go to the 3:59 mark in the video for adding custom panels/fields to BEOs.
Every business has different practices and needs, so no two business will have an identical BEO format. The BEO tool in your Planning Pod account allows you to add Panels and Fields that exactly suit your business needs, regardless of what they are.
In your Venue management account, you have the option to create multiple BEO content panels that in turn can be assembled into BEO layouts. You can have multiple BEO layouts in your account to accommodate different situations (i.e. front of house BEO, kitchen BEO, etc). NOTE: For more about creating custom BEO layouts, see Creating/Customizing BEO Layouts.
We have already created a number of BEO panels based on information that populates from tools within specific events. In addition to this, you can create custom panels from scratch and/or further customize the existing panels. NOTE: for more about editing existing BEO panels, see Creating/Editing Content Panels for BEO Layouts.
FYI... Each field in the BEO that is associated with data from another tool or area in Planning Pod (like the Event Information fields (event name, dates/times, headcounts, etc.), Proposals, Invoices, Contracts, Floorplans, Itinerary or Food & Beverage) will pull information from those tools. So you won't need to add those things as custom fields in your BEOs because our system is already pulling that information automatically into your BEOs.
To Add a Custom Panel:
- Click on your name in the top left corner and select the "Settings" option.
- Under the "Application Setup" heading, click on the "Banquet Event Order (BEO) Content Panels" link.
- Click on "Create Panel" > "Custom" in the upper left part of your screen.
- Enter the panel title and a panel description and "Save". NOTE: the panel description is for internal use only - you can use it to identify the panel when building BEO layouts. For example, you might type "Front-of-House Beo" to indicate the panel should be used for that particular BEO layout.
To Add a Custom Field:
NOTE: All custom fields are text fields.
- Scroll down to locate your custom panel. NOTE: Panels are listed in alphabetical order.
- Select the drop down arrow to the right of "Custom Field 1" to edit the label and any default text.
- Click on the "Add Field" button to add additional custom fields. NOTE: You can add a field to any pre-built panel or to a custom panel. For more about editing pre-built panels, see Creating/Editing Content Panels for BEO Layouts.
- Name the field. You can leave the default text blank to be edited inside the event, or add default text now.
- Click "Save".