Within your Planning Pod account settings, you have the ability to customize a sales pipeline for lead management. This functionality allows you to add/delete pipeline steps, disable any steps that no longer apply to the pipeline, and set a number of days that will pass until the software notifies you that a lead has been stuck in a pipeline step for too long.
To Create/Customize your Sales Pipeline:
- Click on your name in the main navigation menu.
- Click "Settings".
- Select "Sales Pipeline Setup" (under the Lead Management heading).
You will see from this screen that your account is pre-populated with standard options for managing leads through the entire sales process prior to booking an event. This includes a default last step that allows you to track leads with an "Idle" status.
Within these settings, you have the ability to:
- Adjust the order of any of these steps by dragging and dropping them using the vertical arrows to the left of each item.
- Create additional steps by selecting the "Add Pipeline Step" at the top of the page.
- Delete or disable any existing steps by clicking the Actions button to the right of any item. NOTE: If when you click the Actions button you do not see the option to delete that step, it is because that step has already contained at least one lead in the past. In order to preserve the data integrity of reporting on previous leads, we must ensure that step still exists in the system. Steps that have never been used (or never contained leads) can be deleted through the Actions button.
Idle Lead Warnings
You can also adjust the number of days that will pass until the system notifies you that a lead has been sitting in any given step for too long. To customize these time frames, select Actions > Edit to the right of any step and enter your intended time frame before hitting Save.