Users with a Quickbooks Payment Processing account can connect this with Planning Pod to process payments on Invoices and Tickets/Registration.
This connection is for processing payments only - this is not a full accounting integration with Quickbooks. Fees associated with processing Credit Card and ACH transactions are set by Quickbooks and can vary based on your individual agreement with them.
To Set Up and Connect to a Quickbooks Payments Account:
To connect an existing Quickbooks Payments account to your Planning Pod account you must first have a payment processing account with Quickbooks:
- Click on your name in the top left corner and select the "Settings" option.
- Under the "Administrative & Payments" heading, click on the "Payment Processing" link.
- Find the Quickbooks area; click on the "Get Started" button; and follow the instructions.
- Once the connection is complete you must assign an Income Category in the settings in order for payments to be accurately tracked in your Quickbooks account.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: After the connection is established you must select a Payment Account for funds to be deposited into.
- The Default account will be "undeposited funds" - this money will sit in limbo until the account is accurately updated for each payment in Quickbooks. Setting this up right away will avoid unwanted delay in receiving payments.
How Payments are Reported in your Quickbooks Account
- When a payment is accepted on an Invoice through Planning Pod a new "Sales Receipt" will be created in your Quickbooks account. You will find these Sales Receipts under the "Sales" menu in the main navigation menu and then "All Sales".
- Each Sales Receipt will include a memo that includes the invoice name and number from Planning Pod.
- Planning Pod Invoices with a client assigned will have the same client assigned to the Sales Receipt in Quickbooks.
- If that client does not yet exist in Quickbooks, Planning Pod will create the new client and assign it accordingly.
- The reference number on the Sales Receipt is the transaction number from Quickbooks Payment Processing - this will also show on the Planning Pod Invoice payment and in all Planning Pod reporting.
- When a refund is issued via Planning Pod a "Refund Receipt" will be created in your "All Sales" tab in Quickbooks.
Please sign in to leave a comment.