You can create discount codes for tickets/registration that you can provide to your ticket buyers to receive a discount on all or select tickets.
Discount codes can be set for either a fixed dollar amount off or a percentage off either the entire order or designated tickets.
You can also specify total uses of each code and the date range for which a code is valid (start and end dates). You can have one or more discount codes active at any given time.
The way a discount code works is that, once you have set it up and it is active, a ticket buyer can select their tickets and, if the code applies to the tickets selected, they can enter the code while completing the Checkout Form and the discount will be applied accordingly.
IMPORTANT NOTE ON COMPLIMENTARY TICKETS / COMPED TICKETS: The discount code feature WILL NOT WORK FOR COMPING FREE TICKETS and you will not be able to set a discount at 100%. To offer comped tickets, you need to create a separate free ticket for comped attendees; password protect the ticket; and provide those attendees with the password to access the free ticket ... click here for details.
To Set Up a Discount Code for Tickets/Registration:
- Click on the "Registration Setup" tool button on the Event Dashboard - OR - use the Quick Launch or Switch Event tool to select the appropriate Event and the "Registration Setup" tool.
- Under "Registration Settings" on the left side of the page, click on the "Tickets & Pricing" link.
- In the "Discount Codes" area, click on the "Add Discount Code" button.
- Under "Type of Discount", select either "Percentage" or "Fixed Dollar Amount" and enter the discount amount.
- Enter the actual code you want to use; the total number of times the code can be used; and the start and end dates of when the code is valid.
- NOTE: For the code itself, we recommend using ONLY LETTERS AND NUMBERS and NO SYMBOLS OR SPACES.
- Select if you want to apply the code to the entire order (when used, this will apply the discount ONCE to the entire order) or to specific tickets (when used, this will apply the discount to EACH ticket selected). If you selected the latter, click in the blank field and select one or more tickets to which the discount will apply.
- Click "Save".
To edit a discount code's settings, click on the "Actions" button next to the code and select "Edit". To delete a discount code, select the "Delete" option.
Video Tip - Go to the 6:55 mark of the video to view information on using discount codes.